In a time like this where some Nigerian ladies are complaining of not getting a man that is willing to get married and well, men are probably hustling the money to do that- Digital marketer & Content Manager (@bluezeena) takes to her twitter to give an inexpensive wedding budget. See what she had to say below;
The Brothers said I should teach you women how to help cut down wedding budget, as many of them are looking to wed this year. So sisters, help a bro ✊
Explain to your pastor that you don’t have money for radarada. Let’s all be guided plis
1. Book in court beforehand.
If you book like 2 months to, it’s just N4000 for certificate.
2. Use your normal suit Bro. Budget N2000 to buy tie, socks & handkerchief.
3. Buy fairly used wedding gown on Jiji for N5000 or pay a tailor to do white chiffon gown with N5000 budget.
Alternatively, you can rent cheap gown for N3000 (wash and iron yourself).
4. Arrange for car to use from friends and fuel it or just call Taxify or Uber. Going and coming shouldn’t pass N4000.
(He should not wait o, after wedding, you flash him to come pick you up)
POST CONTINUES AFTER ADVERTISEMENT
5. Invite only family & friends, well wishers should just call or come to the house later.
6. Buy rings please. Very important. Budget N2000 for both rings.
7. Give decoration people in your church like N2000 to do small design. (Your wife is a member so they can’t complain).
8. Do not cook for church people please. Just buy one carton of TomTom & spray during processional hymn (N1200)
9. Give church small thing, like 5k.
10. Give your wife’s mum 10k to cook abacha & utazi stew for the traditional which will be prepared very early on Sunday morning.
11. You have N13800 left.
Remember, you have to buy palm wine for the trad…N800 for a full keg (after all, your wife’s dad knows a winetapper).
12. Bestman and bridal shower should buy their things biko.
13. That your old friend that snaps photo will take up to N3000 oo.
14. Give someone your laptop or phone to play small music. Give him N1000 to buy the cord to connect it.
15. Buy fuel for church. N2000 fuel go do naa.
16. Your money remain N7000 abi?
Now hold N1000 in 100 naira notes and give your wife N1000 too in 100 naira notes.
17. Keep the remaining N5000 for miscellaneous.
One or two things might come up las las.
THERE YOU HAVE IT.
FULL WEDDING WITH 50K.
(share or repost to save a life and help a brother, biko be your brothers keeper)